The awards is an Initiative by WomanRising, a subsidiary of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) aimed at giving women entrepreneurs in various sectors of the economy the needed public recognition for their outstanding achievements and audacious exploits in business as part of their contribution to the development of a vibrant Private Sector and the economy of Ghana in general.
The Woman Entrepreneur of the Year award features two bouquets of award categories; The mainstream and special WEYA 2016 categories.
In the mainstream award categories, there are;
The Awards Categories include the following:
1. Agriculture & Agribusiness
2. Banking & Finance
3. Beauty & Wellness
4. Branding & Marketing
5. Capacity Building & Coaching
6. Communication & Public Relations
8. Distribution, Wholesale & Retail
11. Events & Logistics
13. Food processing
16. Human Resources
23. Oil & Gas
25. Printing & Publishing
26. Real Estate
28. Social Enterprise & Non-Profits
33. Travel & Tourism
34. Waste Management & Sanitation
Special WEYA 2016 categories are:
1. WomanRising Entrepreneurship Life Achievement Award
2. WomanRising Entrepreneurship Hall of fame
3. Woman Entrepreneurship Advocacy & Support Award
4. Women Entrepreneurship Network of the Year
5. Non-Ghanaian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
6. Emerging Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
7. Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
Nominations are open from May 16 to June 10.
You can nominate an outstanding at www.womanrising.org/weya.